Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
We conduct our operations to ensure our people work together and take responsibility for the health and safety of ourselves and others, to minimize our impact on the environment and ensure the best quality in products and services.
DSTI's outstanding safety record is an outcome of wide-ranging and proactive safety procedures managed by a team of quality and safety professionals.
Safe operating procedures and strict safety rules have been established from a thorough knowledge of company operations and the hazards these may pose. New hazards are identified through inspections, consultation with safety experts, and employee reporting.
Our international ISO 9001:2015 management system demonstrates strictly applied standards with an innovative approach to continuous improvement.
A variety of audits of our quality management system are undertaken, including internal audits and external audits by customers or third parties. These audits determine the effectiveness of the quality management system, its fitness for purpose, the level of compliance with the quality management system and any opportunities for improvement.
Our QHSE Commitment
- Eliminating hazardous conditions and reducing workplace injuries
- Setting quality and safety performance goals and objectives, measuring results, and continually improving processes through effective implementation of a health and safety operating system
- Planning, responding to, and recovering from emergencies, crisis, and business disruptions
- Minimizing environmental impact through reduced resource consumption and emissions, and waste recycling
- Applying OSHA / QHSE standards and policies to all aspects in the design and manufacturing of our products
- Implementing an OSHA Workplace Accident and Injury Reduction (AWAIR) program
- Communicating effectively through our QHSE Committee to ensure an understanding of our quality, health, and safety policies, systems, and programs
Our Quality Policy
DSTI recognizes that the disciplines of Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental (QHSE) management are an integral part of its management function. The company views these as a primary responsibility and the key to good business in adopting appropriate quality standards.
The company Quality Policy calls for continuous improvement in its quality management activities and conducts business according to the following principles. We will:
- Comply with all applicable statutory laws and regulations
- Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of our management resources in all quality matters
- Communicate our quality objectives and our performance against these objectives throughout the company and to interested parties
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates and subcontractors and others who come into contact with our work
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to establish the highest quality standards
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions, which may have quality impacts
- Train our staff in the needs and responsibilities of quality management