How to Extend Electrical Slip Ring Life at a Low Cost
- Dust and moisture are present in almost every environment and a major factor in electrical slip ring deterioration
- Steps should be taken to prevent any dust or water ingress into an electrical slip ring to maximize its service life and reduce unexpected breakdowns
- DSTI developed a low cost solution that adds dust, water and impact protection to a range of its existing electrical slip ring products
Prevent Equipment Failure Before It Occurs
Unplanned downtime is a serious threat looming over every company that relies on functioning equipment to get work done. It is costly and frustrating to say the least, but what if you could reduce the risk of downtime caused from damaged electrical components by simply adding some additional protection?
Don't assume that just because your electrical slip ring appears sealed with coated wires and an enclosed plastic or metal capsule that it's protected.
The truth is, most slip rings don't offer much protection against foreign objects. Any ingress can increase brush wear, causing debris build-up which can impact its service life considerably.
For many, when looking for this added protection to prevent dust and water ingress, most slip ring manufacturers will often steer you towards a high-cost, custom slip ring that usually comes with a long manufacturing lead time.
There's an alternative option that's simple and economical without the hassle of having to resort to a fully custom solution.
DSTI recently developed and launched a new product called the SRPE-100, a waterproof and dustproof protective enclosure. Integrating the SRPE-100 with one of DSTI's standard, in-stock capsule slip rings makes them virtually indestructible from outside elements — allowing you to maximize its service life.
- Sealed to protect slip rings from dirt, dust, moisture, water spray and physical damage
- "One-size-fits-all" — compatible with DSTI's ES, ESE and ESM series slip rings
- In stock and ready to ship in 1-2 business days
- Able to rotate up to 250 RPM in either direction
- Built to last with an all-aluminum construction
- Easy to integrate into your equipment
- Equipped with threaded NPT connections for installing electrical conduit
- Priced affordably at $349
A single hour of unplanned downtime can cost a company tens of thousands of dollars — perhaps more. In some cases it's inevitable but mitigation is possible. Keep your operations running smoothly; consider implementing the SRPE-100 into your equipment's most critical connection points today.
Learn more about our waterproof/dustproof slip ring solution.